South Africa, with its breathtaking landscape, subtropical climate and wonderful people, is a perfect place to spend your holiday. A South Africa holiday will be unforgettable, whether it is a safari, family holiday or just a weekend trip.
For travelers who appreciate life outdoors, South Africa is a wonderland. The coastal landscape is unique and has plenty to offer for magnificent and eventful South Africa holidays.
Travel by rental car along the coastal roads and you will meet a variety of sights and scenery: The small fishing village Hermanus, whales appearing (May – October) in the many bays and Simonstown Boulder Beach where the Jackass penguin has its home. Knysna is a calm small town with excellent seafood restaurants and in Oudtshoorn, you’ll find the fascinating Cango Caves.
For a once-in-a-lifetime encounter with the South African wildlife, you should visit Kruger National Park where numerous safaris give you a unique chance to get up-close and personal with some of South Africas most famous animals. A South African camping safari will let you fall asleep with the lion’s roar or hyenas laughter outside your tent.
Here are some possible highlights for your South Africa holiday:
- Cape Town, with iconic Table Mountain, notorious Robben Island and the excellent bars and restaurants of the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront. The view from the top of Table Mountain is spectacular, Robben Island will give you a better knowledge of South Africa’s history and from the lighthouse, at Cape Point, you can enjoy the view of both the Indian Ocean and the Atlantic at the same time.
- The famous Winelands is the perfect way for the wine lover to spend his South Africa holidays.
- Kruger National Park, a spectacular animal and bird life.Read more about Kruger National park here.
- Kwazulu Natal with its magnificent landscapes and poignant history. Here you will also find Durban, South Africas #1-holiday town. Durban can be crowded during peak season, but you can find many excellent restaurants serving the best Indian food. North of Cintsa lies the Xhosa villages, and why not take a hiking or cycling trip along the Wild Coast while you are in the area?
- South Africa safaris are the ultimate holiday experience.
- South Africa has some of the world’s best-surfing beaches and there are numerous possibilities to get wet all along the coast. Beginners can have private lessons in places like Plettenberg Bay where you also find well-used hiking trails to the Robberg Peninsula. From the trails, you can hear the sea lions roar while you admire the view.
- Bungee-jumping. On theGarden Route (the N2 highway) you’ll find the Bloukrans River which gives you the ultimate challenge: The world’s highest bungy jumping. The 216 meters high bridge is guaranteed to give you an awesome buzz
Amongst the most popular travel destinations in South Africa is the Western Cape region with Cape Town as its center. Although it’s a small area relative to other popular cosmopolitan cities, it attracts millions of visitors from all over the world every year. Cape Town is considered one of the most beautiful cities in the world as it is surrounded by glorious landscapes with unique vegetation, beautiful mountains, and stunning wide beaches, especially on the Cape Peninsula, at False Bay and on the West Coast.